Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Journey of a Thousand Pages...

...Begins with a single post.
That's what she told me as she turned herself into the rain. As I felt her fall on me, I started to understand how spring felt. As the sun and the moon played hide and seek, I stood in awe at the way pinecones bounce. Then the wind blew and she whispered in my ear the secret that rain likes to keep. The rain is in many pieces because she can't handle falling all at once. The idea scares her. I knew I loved the rain.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you have a blog now! Its about dang time! I can't wait to read all of those thoughts that aren't just confined to the depths of your mind. Your words are magic to me. I love you.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW... very cool! Dark and mysterious. I will try to read but if you ask Lauren, I'm not soo great with my blogging - writing or reading.. but maybe if you throw in some magic trick secrets.. I just might be addicted!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

Just to say that's a beautiful thought, the way the best memories come from nowhere and surprise us. I suppose the rain is one of your mates :0)

7:08 AM  
Blogger jem said...

'The rain is in many pieces because she can't handle falling all at once.' - this is likely to be the most beautiful line I read today. Thankyou. (ps when I get to writing about rain can I quote you on this?)

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home