Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Mourning After




So today's the day, that dreadful day?
The undoing of that rice filled day in May.
So many stories, laughter, and tears.
We did the best we could for the last few years.
Which things are yours, and which one's are mine?
When splitting two lives, where does one draw the line?
People don't come apart so neatly and squarely.
But I know we'll survive, if even just barely.
Two lives, forever connected.
I'm sorry for your having to feel so rejected.
But you'll make it through this, my strongest of friends.

You see
This is where our story begins...not ends.

2 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

True. So long as that's the way you both feel. And of course the angles are watching. I'm linking you to my blog again, I've done some rearranging- and you're one of the good guys.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you I wanted to leave a comment to this one. I keep coming back to it, trying to think of *something* to say. I have nothing. No words. We did try our best. And we don't have to come apart. My stuff will always be your stuff, my door will always be open. You are my best friend. I will always love you, Jason. So, I suppose thats a little more than nothing, I guess, I just have no poetic words to respond with. And here I am crying, again...

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home