Friday, January 06, 2006

Reckless Idealist






Today is the first day of the rest of your life? Today is the ONLY day of your life. Did you waste it? I didn't. Today my thoughts were captivated by notions of deeper meanings and universal truths. These subjects have come to mean much more to me after this past year. 2005 was the year I was born. Considering that the one person most people never meet is themselves, I find myself extremely...humbled.

This year I learned:

To not let life intrude on my living.

That the hardest thing you've ever faced is always just on the horizon.

It's the journey, not the destination that's important.

That freedom is only truly appreciated by those who don't have it.

That not everyone thinks like me.

Love is independent of proximity.

You are what you love, not what loves you.

To not take anything, or anyone, for granted.

So as I emerge from my dark tunnel to be absorbed by the light, I wish you well on your journey, weary traveller. I hope our paths cross one day... just for the stories.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The profoundness of your observations astounds me. Your lessons learned in 2005 should be read by everyone. Perhaps we'd not only learn to be more respectful and appreciative of others, but ourselves as well.

8:42 AM  
Blogger singgirl28 said...

My best friend you know just want to say when I need to hear it.

4:02 AM  
Blogger singgirl28 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:03 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

Lovely. One of the angels' I'm sure.
I wish you'd do a post.. the angels converse. From some insightful people it's simply believable. xx

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home