Saturday, May 27, 2006

Gravity: The Law and You

Falling.

That sums it up. Falling so fast and so hard you're not sure how far you'll go or how much speed you'll pick up on the way. Falling so out of control that the feeling in your stomach that senses that you're falling is overwhelming. I vomit to appease the sensation, but I keep falling. I close my eyes, mistakenly thinking it might make me less queesy. But when I open them I'm just in a completely different place...still falling. Why can't I stop? Do I need to stop? What if to stop means that I've hit bottom? Would it be worth it? I thought for a little while that I was through this event that, in many ways, was the event that would seperate my life into before...and after. But it seems that the test is not over. The pressure builds even still. The walls close in to see what I'm really made of. Will I crumble and die, completely pulverized by it all? Or will the pressure reveal the diamond I know is inside? We'll see. All I do know is that answers come from within, not from without. I'll see you on the other side (I hope).

1 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

Love this statement. This is similar to what I'm going through at the moment. When you're falling, there are some who like to give you a good kicking, or stick their noses in the air and pass you by ( as we discussed!) My, that abyss is waiting for them when you come through the other side. :-)
..and my, serve them right.

Lovely words from Lauren x

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home