Saturday, May 27, 2006

Now and Zen

I try to live in the moment. I really do. But it's hard isn't it? Sure it's easy if the moment is great. Watching the perfect sunrise. Having a picnic with your kids. Making love to the point where you forget you're two people. It's easy to be in the moment at those times. It's much harder to be in the moment when things really suck. Your car broke down on the way to work. You just got laid off. You just realized you actually are two people. These are the times where being in that moment can be just as beautiful. It's an old saying that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. While I try as hard as I can to live by that thought it seems like my 10% has taken quite the toll as of late. I'm trying to see the silver lining, but my rose colored glasses get pretty dirty sometimes and I can't see as well as I'd like. It's those times when I sit down and realize that without the bad parts you wouldn't know what the good parts were. It seems that I am not out of my dark period as I thought for awhile that I was. But life is made up of moments at the same time our lives are momentary so I will press on. But I will say how unfortunate it is that we so often learn our most important life lessons through times of adversity and sadness. This student is ready. Sitting quietly, waiting for the master to appear.

1 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

I don't know L I think it looks like he needs to hold on tight! :-)

Don't let the bastards get you down. Don't get so vulnerable people anticipate and manipulate your reactions, as that's how the worthless ones destroy you. ( that's for you both.)

Your glasses look fine to me, rose colour is wrong! It's good to see the beautiful colours through the plain glasses through which you can also see ugliness and pain; this way you become fair, you become trustworthy, you become just.

( from the Master. He's busy, but he told me to pas it your way.) I think we got the same master don't we!
x

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home