Saturday, October 14, 2006

You Were There

I rode on the not-so-orient express
and at the end was you
I crossed through valleys of death
and at the end was you
I jumped into volcanic lakes of crystal blue
and at the bottom was you
I climbed the tallest trees
and at the top was you
I braved the mightiest oceans
and in the deep was you
I traversed miles of mountain passes
and at the end was you
I stared into the eyes of mighty bear
and in his eyes was you
I took a vision quest
to find the vision I'd been questing for...was you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Dyer-Bird said...

Written on willow bark. Burned at the edges. Ink splotches where water splattered. Written to a beloved, in a distant land, by a woman hoping her lover would find himself, and find her again:
in the beginning there was you
In the end there was you
In the middle, again, there was you.

In the sideways, and byways
highways, and hide aways
there was always you

You were everywhere
And everywhere where space
was, you were.

You filled everything
You completed everything
You were everything

I began and ended
with you. Even before I knew
You were. There. Here.
Start to finish.

And now that you are gone
You are nowhere. And I am
nowhere.

I have tried to find my beginning
and my ending without you
to fill in the past, the present, the future

I have tried to fill myself
But I am no substitute for you.

I am not half nor whole
nor anything so much

I am not me
Without you.

10:22 PM  
Blogger fjl said...

Lovely as ususal. It would have been good to vary that last line. Sorry I haven't been around sweets, I'm blogging on some serious police corruption and I don't want to force it on anyone.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home