Monday, February 13, 2006

The Earl of Ideas

I never could have fathomed how someone's eating habits could give so much insight into their personality. An explanation is in order I'm sure. You see, for as long as I can remember I have eaten the crust from around my sandwich first. I take my first bite in the front left corner of the sandwich and work my way around until all of the crust is gone. Then I can enjoy my sandwich with all of it's hidden treasures. Well the breakthrough came with the realization that this was actually a little idealist boy's attempt at trying to satisfy both his guardian parents' expectations as well as his idealist heart's desire to enjoy a sandwich on it's own terms. For once I had strategically removed the less palattable outer shell of slightly denser and browner bread material I would be free to enjoy my crust-less sandwich having fulfilled my social obligation that I "eat all of my food because of the starving children in {insert current famine-ridden country here}."

Does the way you eat say anything about you?

5 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

Note the excessive and unthinking sacrifial attitude, folks.. hhhmmmmm

6:31 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

....this one has wings.

6:31 AM  
Blogger singgirl28 said...

funny I forgot that you did that. My dad always said eat every carrot and pea on your plate and then giggle because He said the word pee:), and then my mom would give him the mom look.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Sweet KeiKei said...

I eat when I'm not even hungry or if I'm hungry when I begin eating, sometimes I can't stop when it's really good. What does that say about me?

6:04 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

If I'm really honest though... mine says, I like the cream off the top of life, as and when. Oh dear. Thought it might say that :0(

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home